BEST ANKLE BRACE TO PREVENT ROLLING| Top 5 picks
James loves basketball. He is a very dedicated player who practices really hard. Every day he runs around in the court, dribbles, makes those difficult jumps, and practices shooting. All these movements put a lot of strain on his ankle. So, he puts on braces on his weak ankles for protection.
Little Samantha is James’ cousin. The family doctor told her to avoid putting pressure on her right ankle. Yet she hardly listens! So, her mother had her put on an ankle brace. Now, even if she wants to run around, she can not.
In the cases above, we talked about ankle braces which solved the problems of James and Samantha and help them have ankle stability. But do you know what an ankle brace is?
If you do, you can directly skip to the recommendations if you want.
But what to do if you don’t?
Then you should follow this article closely before choosing the best ankle brace to prevent rolling, that suits you.
Why Should I Wear Ankle Brace?
An ankle brace holds your weak ankle in place and prevents rolling. It provides support on the outside of the ankle, inside of the ankle, or both, as needed by limiting the lateral motion. Thus you will get more support in your ankle and have pain relief. Not only that, but it will also help prevent future injury and increase your ankle strength.
In cases of the commonly seen inversion ankle sprain, where your ankle rolls toward the sole of the foot, it is suitable to wear an ankle brace that provides support on the outside of the ankle. Whereas, in cases of eversion sprain where the foot rolls outward, an ankle brace that can support both the inside as well as the outside of the ankle is necessary.
You should choose the best ankle brace to prevent ankle rolling and satisfies your other necessities.
Top 5 Ankle Braces To Prevent Rolling
We have put together this list after considering many products currently available on Amazon. You should be able to find the best ankle brace for you among these in no time.
ACTIVE ANKLE T2 ANKLE BRACE
Active Ankle and Cramer have been one of the leading names in ankle protection for the last decade. Its resistance band will give you full support to your ankle. You will have a restricting movement when putting the brace and thus have great stability in your ankle.
Their T2 Rigid Ankle Brace offers a high level of protection with quick-fit single stabilizing straps. It allows the brace to be adjusted accordingly for both low-top and high-top shoes. It is recommended for either weak or injured ankle.
Like the braces discussed above, it is machine washable. This ankle brace is specifically designed with some comfortable material that brings comfort even in unpleasant situations. You will love some of its special features like lightweight, custom fit, fit technology, unisex design and breathable material.
It especially targets at volleyball, football and basketball players.
- It is a hinged rigid ankle brace that is sleek and less bulky
- It offers custom molded EVA padding
- It allows maximum forward/backward mobility
- It can fit either foot.
- It offers protection of a high level and prevent ankle sprains.
- It is less comfortable as it is a rigid type of ankle brace
- It allows for less side-to-side mobility.
BAUERFEIND – MALLEOTRAIN – ANKLE SUPPORT BRACE
Bauerfeind’s MalleoTrain ankle support braces treat ankles sore from injury or surgery and help reduce swelling. Its breathable fabric, lightweight design, and fit technology will protect your ankle from muscle fatigue and help relieve pain.
As this ankle has no belt or anything lock, it is super easy to put and fit comfortably without any hassle. Although its not able to give you any additional support as this is just for a light protection.
- It provides medical-grade compression zone technology.
- Its specially contoured, three-dimensional knit fabric fits the shape of your ankle quite naturally.
- It does not immobile the ankle but still helps for stabilizing the ankle brace.
- It has cushioned pads that support the torn ligaments and ankle bones and reduces swelling.
- This type of heavy-duty ankle brace is easy to put on.
- It does not slip, sits firmly and comfortably in position, and prevents ankle rolling.
- Different product is needed for either foot.
- You have to decide on the size of the product before ordering.
MUELLER SOCCER ANKLE BRACE
Mueller soccer ankle brace is, as named, specifically made for soccer players. It is a lace-up type of brace that helps prevent rolling. The unisex ankle brace can be adjusted using the lace. That is one of our best picks among the best ankle brace to prevent rolling.
- It has supportive steel springs that prevent the ankle from rolling towards the sole of the foot.
- Its high front cut and narrow bottom allow more foot movement.
- It fits either foot.
- Sturdy plastic supports both sides of the ankle.
- It may be hard to put it on or remove.
- May feel a little bit uncomfortable.
MED SPEC ASO ANKLE STABILIZER
Med Spec ASO ankle brace is one of the most popular ankle support braces for the protection against and treatment of severe ankle sprain. This soft brace is popular in the market for its versatile design and extraordinary performance curing heel pain, foot pain, and rolled ankle.
This strap stabilizers made with ballistic nylon are extremely durable and washable. You can use this brace with shoes. It doesn’t matter whatever the shoe types.
These adjustable straps are highly effective to limit lateral motion. But, to get the best performance, you need to be careful in choosing the right brace. For the right foot, you need to choose the right ankle brace and for the left foot, you need to choose the left one. You may find limit lateral motion of different companies that offer the same ankle brace for both feet. But these are not that good.
- The unisex ankle brace not heavy as it is made of a lightweight material called CoolFlex.
- The elasticity of the cuff adds to the foundation of stabilizing straps and laces.
- The product can be put on either foot.
- Ballistic nylon boot provides a high level of durability and strength.
- With all its features combined, it is extremely comfortable to wear.
- Any type of shoe can be worn over it.
- Each product is sold separately.
- The size guide may be complicated.
DOCBEAR ANKLE BRACE
DocBear ankle brace is a sleeve type ankle brace that also provides adjustable ankle wrap that helps keep it in place and keeps the ankle from rolling.
- The ankle brace has a bilateral design.
- It is latex-free and made from breathable material so, your foot remains dry and sweat-free.
- Crisscross straps provide maximum support and stability to the ankle by keeping it in place.
- High elasticity allows easy and flexible movements.
- It can be adjusted accordingly by using the wrap.
- May feel uncomfortable
Benefits of Ankle Brace
- Prevents their ankle from rolling inwards or upwards.
- Reduces the risk of ankle injury or re-injury.
- Helps reduce swelling and improve the recovery process of sprained ankle
- Helps regain range of motion and assist in the return to activity.
- Compared to athletic tape or wrap, it is easier to wear a good ankle brace.
Types of Ankle Braces to prevent rolling
There are two basic types of ankle brace available in the market. One is a soft brace and another is based on rigidity (rigid and semi-rigid).
Soft ankle brace are made of neoprene or elastic materials. It is mostly used for warming your ankle and for mild support. It will also provide you with compression that protect swelling and other discomfort.
Rigid ankle brace will give you moderate to high protection and usually recommended for a highly injured person to have better protection of your injured legs, feet, and ankle. You still can stay active even after injuries by wearing a rigid ankle brace. Rigid braces are made out of hard plastic give better ankle protection and controlled movement. Bont worry, your blood circulation will be absolutely okay and you will feel comfortable.
Semi-rigid ankle brace will give you mild to moderate support. It is available in two types, lace-up and hinged. Lace-up ankle brace is popular is popularly used for so many years and it mostly will give you mild support. On the other hand, Hinged brace is a recent innovation and recommended for moderate ankle support
So, What Is An Ankle Brace?
An ankle brace is a piece of protective/supportive garment that is worn around the weak ankle ligament. It immobilizes the joint, provides maximum support and protection while providing heat and compression to the bones. If you are recovering from ankle injuries, have chronic ankle pain or simply just want to prevent an injury from severe ankle sprains, an ankle brace is the best option for you.
How To Choose An Ankle Brace That Is Best For You
Here are the things you should look out for when choosing an ankle brace that is best for you:
- Comfort: The very first thing you should focus on is comfort. Does it feel comfortable when you put on the ankle brace? Observe if it restricts your blood circulation. The ankle brace must not put too much pressure on your ankle.
- Size: You are buying an good ankle brace but if the size is not right then you’ll not be able to use it. While choosing the ankle brace that is best for you should double-check if the size is chosen correctly. See if it is suitable for the specific ankle.
- Material: You should check the material the ankle brace is made of. It should meet your needs properly.
- Durability: You may have to put on the ankle brace for a short period of time or all day long as necessary. So, so you have to see if it is durable enough to sustain your needs.
- Proper fit: Take your time to adjust your ankle brace so it’s not too loose nor too tight, It may take several adjustments but getting a perfect fit is a must. Make sure you didn’t buy an ankle brace for the other ankle!
Make sure you choose the right ankle brace. Because, brace for left ankle and and right ankle are different.
- Budget: It is necessary before buying that you check out the price and make sure you are satisfied with it.
- Details: Keep an eye out for the details of the product you are choosing. Make sure your followed the proper method that is suitable for that specific product for each has their own measurement methods.
Choose your footwear carefully, improve your balance and if necessary, wear the best ankle braces.
A rolling ankle is an ankle injury where the bones in the ankle is shifted in an awkward way resulting in stretch or tear in the ankle ligaments.
Best ankle braces serve as the external supports to limit certain motions such as plantar flexion/ plantar fasciitis or inversion and provide awareness of where your ankle is in space.
Yes, you can wear ankle braces on top of your socks. It is better to use athletic socks. You should follow the instructions provided with your ankle brace.
Depending on the severity of your injury the time period may vary. It’s best if you consult your doctor in this regard.
Yes, you can. However since you do not risk the of rolling your ankle while sleeping, you can just remove it.
There are different types of physical therapy. One is different from another. If you don’t have any ankle involvement during physical therapy you can put your ankle during physical therapy.
You can read this article to know about best ankle brace for sprain
And this article will tell you about the treatment for sprained ankle