Did you know that as of 2019, the latest data from the NHANES shows that 39.6 percent of adults in America have obesity? Among other reasons, lack of physical activity caught the most attention of the researchers. Everyone knows how hard it can be to make time for gym after 9-to-5 jobs. So many of us have to settle for home workouts.
Still, we know how difficult a home workout routine can be without good equipment. So many of us tend to buy heavy gym equipment at home, but that is not always a good idea, especially not for novices. We, here at CareforLifee, test and review the market for the best possible options for you. And today, we have just the thing you want for your home and your healthy lifestyle, best elliptical for home use under 600
What is an Elliptical Machine?
Elliptical machines or trainers have been popular for quite some time. In case you are hearing it for the first time, let us help you with some history.
In 1995, Precor introduced and patented the Elliptical Fitness Crosstrainer or EFX for the first time. The goal was classified as “low impact”. Ellipticals are targeted for mimicking stair climbing or walking or running without causing excessive pressure to the joints and reducing muscle and tendon stress. So people with injuries can also train with elliptical machines and stay fit without causing any harm to their health. Elliptical machines are also popular for cardiovascular exercises.
So you can see why elliptical machines are suitable for anyone for indoor exercise and why people choose them over other home workout equipment.
Top 5 Best Elliptical for Home Use Under $600
Here are our hand-picked best 5 Elliptical machines for home use under $600 (not in order)-
ANCHEER Elliptical Machines
This elliptical machine aims to have all the benefits an elliptical should have at a budget-friendly price. Ancheer brand was founded back in 2018 and still, they have retained their fame.
- Material: Steel Tube
- Product Weight: 37.5 kg
- Product Size: 104 x 48 x 160 cm/ 40.9 x 18.9 x 63 inch
- Flywheel Weight: 18 lbs
- Max Load Weight: 390 lbs
- LCD Screen: Time, Speed, Calorie, Distance, Heart Rate Monitor
- Resistance Levels: 10 Magnetic resistance levels
- Tension System: Magnetic
- Footboard size: 39.5 x 16 cm/ 15.6 x 6.3 inch
- Foot pedal span: 36 cm/ 14.2 inch
- Package Content: 1 x Elliptical Trainer, 1 x User Manual
- Warranty: 1 year
- Pulse grip for real-time pulse measurement system while working out
- Free Fiber app to compete with others in real-time as well as track your training progress and transfer them to your device at ease.
- The 15-inch large stride anti-slip foot pedals of this elliptical bike are wrapped by textured plastic and are extra-large that ensures your safety at all times
- Equipped with 10 levels of magnetic resistance for the quietest and smoothest operation possible
- Portable wheels to transport the elliptical machine easily and move it to a room or store
- Large cushioned footplates for comfortable, quiet, smooth, and low impact workouts
- Innovative heart rate sensor design, monitoring pulse frequency at any time in the large console screen display
What we did like
Ancheer elliptical is a cost-effective solution to a home workout. Its compact design so it doesn’t take much space in your room and that is the reason we put it in the list of best elliptical for home use under 600.
Ancheer is very durable and comfortable at the same time. It provides a lightweight design, a friction-free linkage system, and tubular steel construction.
Also, transport wheels give easy maneuver options. Not to mention 10 levels of magnetic resistance and a bidirectional pedal system for challenging workouts.
Some may find it a bit noisy. And it also can be a bit difficult to assemble for the first time
Sunny Health & Fitness Premium Cardio Climber
Sunny Health and Fitness Cardio Climber is the ultimate in-home cardio machine that combines the best of a step climbing machine and elliptical to engage muscles in both the upper and lower body simultaneously. It comes with a large console display that provides accurate information about your training progression in real-time.
- Material: Durable steel construction
- Product Weight: 94.8 lb
- Product Dimension: 44L x 25W x 64H inch
- Flywheel Weight: 14 lb
- Stride length: 10 inch
- Max Weight Capacity: 260 lb
- Performance Screen: scan, time, rpm, speed, distance, calories, pulse, calendar, clock, temperature
- Resistance Levels: 8 Adjustable resistance levels
- Tension System: Magnetic
- Climb Height: Horizontal Climb 5 inch / Vertical Climb 9 inch
- Warranty: 3 year structural frame 180 days other parts and components
- Monitor your progress while working out in real time. You can track your time, RPM, speed, distance, calories, and pulse. Other functionalities include a calendar, clock, and thermometer.
- Convenient device holder on top of the LCD screen, so that you can watch movies, workout videos, or play your favorite music while you stride
- Pulse sensors are located on the handgrips, so it makes it easier to track your pulse and monitor how hard you work out
- 8 levels of magnetic resistance make working out easier than ever. Switch up or down the intensity to boost or lower your challenge based on your comfort level
- Oversized textured non-slip foot pedals maintain balance and safety and ensure accommodation for all sizes
- Portable wheels make transporting this elliptical machine to your room or store in your home effortless
What we liked
Sunny Health and Fitness Elliptical provides a built-in floor stabilizer for extra stability. It is overall a quality product for this price point. It provides full-motion foam padded handlebars provide upper body workout while non-slip foot pedals provide lower body workout. Not to mention smooth glide wheels provide a comfortable and quiet experience. Also, its durable steel construction delivers extra endurance and toughness all around. It is fairly easy to assemble. It has a multifunctional display with essential sensors for monitoring your total body workout.
What we didn’t like
Some people may find the durability of the product underwhelming. It is not recommended for professional or commercial use.
Cubii JR1 Seated Under Desk Elliptical Machine
The original award-winning compact seated elliptical Cubii JR1. Cubii JR can get you fit while seated. Burn calories, boost energy, and make your day productive at the same time. The Cubii JR1 features an easy-to-read LCD monitor that displays your progress like your calories, distance traveled, rotations per minute, and active time. It is portable, and its frame includes a built-in handle.
- Manufacturer: Fitness Cubed Inc
- Product Dimensions : 23.15 x 17.54 x 10 inches
- Weight: 27.65 Pounds
- Color: Aqua & Purple
- Display: LCD
- Resistance Levels: 8 Adjustable resistance levels
- Product Components: wheel stoppers, batteries for display, and non-slip workout mat
- Maximum Weight Recommendation: 250 Pounds
- Assembly: Self-assembly required, 4 screws and a screwdriver is provided with the package
- Warranty: 1 year (30-day risk-free trial and free return)
- The mini elliptical design of Cubii JR1 lets you work out while you sit. You can continue your desk job or binge watch some television or surf the internet and work out with this mini elliptical at the same time.
- You can switch between 8 adjustable resistance levels to increase desk exercise as you gain strength
- Features a patented whisper-quiet build that is perfect for personal use at home or at the office
- Perfect for lower body exercises effortlessly
- Lightweight and small design, so you can store it after use in any place
- People with disabilities can also exercise passively without pushing their legs
- Cubii offers Cubii App that can allow you to sync with workout accessories like smartwatches
- Perfect for weight loss workouts without any hassle of going outside
- Small LCD monitor for tracking workout progression
What we did like
Cubii JR1 is suitable for all ages. People with disabilities or injuries can also use it too. It provides a smooth and quiet experience. Besides home use, it is perfect for office jobs as well. Cubii JR1 can sync with various devices while Cubii App provides active tracking of your progress. They provide great customer service.
What we didn’t like
Grippy foam pads on the front of the unit may not be long-lasting. It is not suitable for any intense workout. Some people may find the differences between resistance levels underwhelming.
Doufit Elliptical Machine
Doufit brand specializes in providing the best fitness equipment for your family. Doufit elliptical machine is no different. This elliptical machine is good for toning your body and exercising your muscles deeply without much pressure on your tendons or joints. And its transportation wheels provide great portability around your home.
- Manufacturer: Doufit
- Material: Heavy-duty integrated steel frame
- Maximum user weight: 130 KG. (about 286lbs )
- Gross weight: 30KG (without seat); 32KG (with seat).
- Net weight: 26.5KG(without seat); 28.5KG(with seat).
- Package size: 89*35*46.5 cm.
- Item size: 127*52*157 cm
- Resistance level: 8 adjustable magnetic resistance levels
- Digital Display: Calories, time, speed, virtual distance, total mileage, and heart rate
- Dual-action workout handlebars provide an upper body workout while foot pedals keep your lower body busy
- Textured and large foot pedals increase the friction on your shoes, thus providing extra safety while working out
- Moderately heavy flywheel keeps a silent environment and a comfortable experience without disturbing others
- Digital monitor display your workout data including calories, time, speed, virtual distance, total mileage, and heart rate
- Pulse sensor on the handgrip provides an accurate reading of your heart rate while working out and you can track them all in the built-in digital LCD monitor
- 8 levels of adjustable resistance give you the choice to go from a comfortable and easy workout to a sweaty intense workout just by adjusting the dial
- Water bottle holder for keeping you hydrated, and it is convenient to design makes it possible to drink some water without stopping your exercise vibe
What we did like
The Douthit Elliptical Machine is an overall budget-friendly elliptical for your whole family. They have excellent customer support.
It is very easy to assemble the whole unit with clear instructions on the manual. Essential components like a screwdriver and bolts are provided by the manufacturer. If you want replacements for any parts at any given time, Doufit will happily provide those parts as soon as possible upon contacting them.
Its noise-free experience gives absolute comfort. Also, it comes with a bottle holder. SO, surely this is the best elliptical for home use under 600.
What disappointed us
If you expect a gym-level workout at home, then Doufit Elliptical Machine is not for you. Some people experienced squeaky noises from the joints of the bolts. It is also not suitable for people over 6 feet tall.
NICEDAY Elliptical Training Machine
The NICEDAY Elliptical Trainer is the most stylish and modern looking trainer machine of all other 4 in our list. This machine guarantees durability with 8×5 cm extra-thicken commercial-grade steel tubes. The most amazing feature it provides is its 16 different levels of magnetic resistance, which is rare in this price range. The NICEDAY elliptical provides a deep-groove-ball bearing as the core driving device, so you can assure a silent environment while working out. Among other benefits, NICEDAY Elliptical Training Machine assures safety and durability the most.
- Brand: Niceday
- Material: 8×5 cm extra-thicken commercial-grade steel tube
- Colour: White & Silver or Black & Silver
- Product Dimensions: 120x62x158 cm
- Monitor: Heart Rate, Calories, Time, Distance
- Resistance: Magnetic
- Resistance levels: 16
- Flywheel weight: 8 kg
- Pedals: Anti slip pedals
- Stride length: 33cm
- Weight: 42.5 kg
- Max user weight: 150 kg
- Assembly: Self-assembly (80% pre-assembled)
- Deep-groove-ball bearing system makes the NICEDAY elliptical smooth, fluent, and almost noise-less
- A pair of fixed handlebars to focus on your leg exercise while maintaining balance, and a pair of movable handlebars to simultaneously exercise your lower and upper body
- 16 levels of magnetic adjustable resistance make it the perfect trainer for both professionals and beginners
- The LCD display provides accurate training data of time, speed, distance, calories, and pulse
- 15-inch stride, which is suitable for 4’9″ to 6’2″ people
- Floor Stabilizers on the behind base tube provide extra stability on the uneven floor
- Transportation wheels on the front base tube make it easier to move from one point to another
- Comes with almost 80% pre-assembled
What we like most
The NICEDAY elliptical machine is very sturdy and durable because of its commercial-grade steel tube material. It has large 15-inch strides for better foot size availability. High levels of resistance provide greater variations for an intense workout. Also, for home equipment, the NICEDAY elliptical machine looks very modern and stylish.
What we didn’t like
The NICEDAY elliptical machine offers many things, but its lack of sensors and real-time progression may disappoint some customers. Also, it has no built-in app or anything like it, so you cannot sync your data or transfer them across any device.
Commercial vs Home use Elliptical Machines
Commercial grade elliptical machines are very different from residential grade elliptical machines. To sum it up, here are the main differences between Commercial vs Home use Elliptical Machines-
|Suitability||Repeated use||Personal use|
|Max weight capacity||Up to 400 lbs||About 200 lbs|
|User friendly||Professional level||Basic level|
A wider range of selection
|Less variation than commercial grade|
Latest and maximum use of technological advancements
|Minimal technology use targeted for user friendly|
Some people like the extra specifications for commercial elliptical machines, but from our research, we saw that residential elliptical machines are more suitable because of their affordable price range, and trust us when we say, you are not gonna ride your elliptical machine all day long as commercial-grade elliptical machines do.
Why do you need Elliptical Machines at home?
In case you are still not convinced, let’s talk about some benefits of using Elliptical Machines at home.
Less stress, more work done – Elliptical trainers are designed in a way that the path of a point (your lower body) on the floating link (pedals of the Elliptical trainers) is shown to approximately follow an elliptical shape. So you will get less stress on your foot muscles and tendon. This is important for your foot comfort and reduces numbing of the foot than other cardio equipment can cause unintentionally.
All in one – Elliptical machines come with handlebars. So while working out, you can have both upper body and lower body workouts at the same time. There are very few workout machines that can target full-body workouts at the same time.
Burn fat and extra calories – As most of the Ellipticals use self-powered user-generated motion, you can burn some extra calories in a short amount of time. These machines can burn about 270 to 400 calories in a 30 minutes workout.
Fitness even after injury – Elliptical trainers are low-impact exercise machines. So, you don’t have to push your body too hard to get effective exercises and to burn some calories while pedaling on an elliptical trainer. This makes elliptical trainers suitable for people with injuries and who can’t participate in their regular physical activities too.
Easy to learn – Ellipticals are fairly easy to use than other home workout machines. Although we would suggest asking a professional trainer if you haven’t used one before.
and to make your decision easier, we have written this article of best elliptical for home use under 600. So, where is our thanks? 😉
What to expect from an Elliptical under $600?
Elliptical machines under $600 are the least expensive trainers you can buy that are actually worth using. Although they are budget friendly, they may have some drawbacks or failings that expensive ellipticals have.
Flywheel weight – Expect lightweight flywheels if you are buying your elliptical for under $600. Because flywheel weight differs depending on the price range. The higher the price, the higher the flywheel weight. Although a lightweight flywheel will provide less amount of total machine weight, a heavier flywheel gives you an edge for a quieter and smoother experience.
Pedal Comfort – All types of elliptical trainers are known for their low impact and comfortableness. But for those looking for even greater ease, some ellipticals offer Pedal Cushions for a more comfortable experience. However, under $600, some brands may offer pedal cushions, but expect less to no cushion pedals as they tend to increase the price of the elliptical trainer.
Display size – Almost all ellipticals have console screens to show the statistics of your various vital and workout progressions like heart rate and calories burned. But display size may vary depending on the price you want to spend. So if you don’t care much about the console screen size, you don’t have to worry about your $600 budget.
Maximum weight – The higher the budget, the higher the maximum user weight capacity of that elliptical. It depends from 200 lbs to 400 lbs depending on the budget.
Commercial vs Home use – If you are thinking of buying an elliptical for your home use, we would say $600 is a pretty good budget for personal elliptical trainers. But those are not suitable for a commercial environment, like in a gym, you will have to reconsider your budget. Also, read our Commercial vs Home use Elliptical Machines part again for more information.
environment, like in a gym, you will have to reconsider your budget. Also, read our Commercial vs Home use Elliptical Machines part again for more information.
This is a list of some must-have features you want in your elliptical before buying one-
Comfort – Before you buy, try riding that elliptical and make sure the pedals move quietly, comfortably, and smoothly. Also, most of the elliptical trainers nowadays offer arm handlebars, so you may want to make sure that the handgrip is also comfortable for you. And remember, bigger is not always better. Those elliptical trainers should not have to take much space in your room.
Incline Adjustability – Being able to adjust the incline of the ramps can add intensity to your workout. So before you buy your elliptical, you may want to check for this feature. Although it is not a necessary feature to have, it sure can come in handy in some situations.
Resistance Adjustability – Being able to adjust the levels of resistance can allow you to go from a comfortable level to a challenging level. A broader range of resistance levels is very helpful and offers maximum benefits.
You will be happy to know that we, from CareforLifee, picked the best 5 ellipticals for home use under $600, and we made sure all the must-have features we talked about earlier too.
Sample Workout Routine with Ellipticals
As we have given our best 5 elliptical machines for you, it is time to give you a general idea of what you can do with it. This is a sample workout routine that can be performed with any elliptical machine.
|Duration (minutes)||Avg. Resistance Level|
*It is recommended for beginners to ask a professional before making up a suitable workout routine.
There you go. That is our best 5 picks for Elliptical trainers from the market under $600. We picked these elliptical trainers among other options because we think they are worth the money and they can provide high-quality performance as the expensive ones do. Now, it is your choice which Elliptical trainer will be your next fitness companion. As always, stay safe and stay healthy.
Are ellipticals under 600 suitable for commercial use?
For commercial use, you have to choose an elliptical machine for its durability and longevity. Ellipticals under $600 found in the market currently do not provide commercial grade durability and endurance. So it is recommended to buy ellipticals under $600 for home use only.
How often and for how long should I use an elliptical to see the results?
U.S Department of Health and Human services suggest up to 300 minutes of exercise in a week. For elliptical usage, you should at least workout for 30 minutes a day.
Is a Treadmill Equivalent To an Elliptical?
Even though both of them are fantastic in their own way for aerobic exercises, Ellipticals tend to put less pressure on your joints, thus causing less injury and providing safety at greater length.