What do you generally think about heating pads or heating therapy? These are some kinds of pads that are used for warming various body parts to reduce pain. Using heating pads helps to widen the blood vessels, enhance perfusion of affected tissue areas. So many types of heating pads include hot water bottles, chemical, electrical, non-electrical etc.
Top 20 best heating pad
Must-have features of the best heating pad
Auto switch-off technology
It is common to use of forgetting to turn off the device you are using. Or sometimes your heating pad may become overheated or face any difficulties. So, the pad should have the features to switch off automatically in case of an emergency. All of our recommended pads are with that feature.
That is another must-have feature of best heating pad. You may fall into a deep sleep or engage in another activity. So, you can set time like 25 minutes and get relief from the tension of turning the machine off.
Handy setting menu
Suppose you are using your pad and doing some other stuff simultaneously. If the controlling switches are convenient and easy to use, you can operate your device more easily and that is one of the must-have features of best heating pad.
Time takes to heat up
Our research found that that the average time to heat up is 5 to 8 minutes. But some pads may take less than 2 minutes. But remember one thing, slow and steady always wins the race 😉
Length of the cable
Just like your laptop’s power cable. An extended power cable is always preferable. So, before making a purchase, take an in-depth look at the length of power cable.
That is a must feature. In general, the adapter of the machine must contain this feature. It will help you prevent any electrical accidents.
Pains for which you can use it
- People suffering from aches, spasms, and pains
- Chronic pain in different physical parts
- lower and upper back pain in body parts
- Stiff neck pain
- sallowen pain behind ear
- sallowen pain under eye
- sallowen pain armpit
- sallowen pain in knee and other body parts
- pain in tender joints
- Pain in finger, hand, and wrist
- knee pain
- shoulder pain etc
How Do Heating Pads work?
- Heating therapies reduce pains and aches. Pains caused by muscle strains and stress can be easily reduced by this pad.
- Heats relieve stiff muscles, also joints. Also, heating pads should not be used for more than 20-25 minutes.
- The heating device typically has different heating options or settings. Users can use the best heat levels, which are right for them.
- Best heating pads will give you comfort, make you warm, but they won’t burn you.
- But sometimes only this therapy doesn’t help to reduce pains. In that case, users must take medical bits of help from specialized doctors, therapists.
- It relieves shoulder or neck pains too.
- Also, you must know about the type of pain.
- Heat may have effects on common trigger points of pain.
- It may help reduce the soreness after doing exercises.
Some special features of best heating pads
1. Electric Heating Pads
Electric pads can usually be used or operated from household electricity, and they have protection from the risks of overheating. For deep tissue treatment, some use “Moist heating Pads.” These kinds of pads can be used dry on the skin. Their temperatures can be from 169 to 179degree F.
Moist electric pads can cause harm if they are left being unused or unattended with electrical connection. Mainly physical therapists use these kinds of pads. But many people use them at home too. On a best moist heating pad, a wet cloth is added with a cover to add more moisture. Healing pouches are also very similar to electric heating pads. But you need to be extra careful in purchasing the electric heating pad or just follow our recommendations of best heating pad.
2. Chemical Heating Pads:
It contains chemical reactions and formulas. There are different types of chemical formulas to produce heat. The most common and best chemical pads contain a supersaturated solution through sodium acetate. Crystallization, nucleation are also some forms of methods.
3. High Heat Capacity
Some heating pads have high heat capacity materials. These kinds of pads gradually release heat, such as- hot water bottle.
4.Microwavable Heating Pads
If your pad functions by placing it on a microwave, then it can be called a microwavable. They are normally made out of thick fabrics. Flannels are an excellent example of that. They are filled with grains or other ingredients. They often have different shapes for different affected areas. Aromas are also added to the mixture to spread a soothing and pleasant smell.
The best fillings for these types of pads are- Jasmine or Basmati rice, Walnut shells Wheat Barley, Dried corn, Bird seeds, Flax-seeds, Oats, Beads, or beans
Such as- Portable, Travel-friendly, USB, Cordless, Rechargeable etc.
Things you need to consider before buying
- Timer: Timer is mostly similar to auto turn off, but it gives exact control over the length of therapy.
- Temperature level: Before buying, users have to be careful of the temperature level, which means how hot your device will get and how is the tolerance level of the user.
- Ingredients or materials: Users must be aware of the ingredients and the materials being used.
- Lengths of power cords: The length of power cords is mostly a big concern. Short or long power cords may affect the use of heating pads comfortably.
- Methods for heating: Users should consider if the heating method is okay for them. Usually, users should see if the methods are safe and convenient.
- Wireless: if you want to avoid long cables or electric plugs around you, then you have solutions for that. You can choose wireless heating pads.
- Size: this matters a lot. If you have a small size in your house and want to use outside of the home, there are lots of portable devices for you. You simply can choose one from them. There are lots of larger size pads too. It is completely based on your preferences and usability.
- Auto Switch-off: For safety purposes, you must purchase an auto turn off feature.
Some Extra & Meaningful Benefits:
Heating therapy with best heating pad is needed for reducing the pains of the body. But on some medical conditions, they have some extra benefits to offer. Some of them are:
- Lower back pains can be healed by healing therapy with the advice of doctors.
- American Cancer Society suggests that some of the pains caused by cancers can be relieved by heating therapy. Well, it can’t cure cancers, but they can reduce some pains or aches. But before for these types of pains, medical permission is a must.
- Muscle strains can be treated by heating therapy.
- Menstrual cramps, which make many more women suffer during their period days, can be reduced with the use of heating therapy.
- Arthritis. What Heat is Not For heat can make some pains or aches even worse. 2. Don’t apply heating pads on injury or infectious areas. 3. If you are in confusion about the type of pain you are suffering, never use this.
- You can’t use an electric heating pad immediately after charging it. It takes 5-10 minutes after the pad becomes warm.
- Just like other electric health and fitness gears, you need to be careful, because sometimes using some low-quality device can cause electrical fires. In order to
- The liquids or chemicals inside a chemical heating pad can be leaked.
- Sometimes the ingredients and materials can cause discomfort for you
- Using the machine for long term treatment is not a good idea.
- A heating pad is just a temporary solution.
Remember one thing! choosing the best heating pad can lead you to enjoy the ultimate benefits of it.
Is the heating pad safe during pregnancy?
You already know that the heating therapy can bring comfort for various body and joint pains, but what about pregnant women?
Okay… here your answer. But always keep in mind that you have to be very, very careful in choosing the best one.
According to the Healthline, we have some recommendations for using a heating pad during pregnancy. Usually, heating pad is using widely to get rid of lots of pains like the aching back, hips, joints due to pregnancy.
Heating treatment opens veins, expanding bloodstream, and bringing new supplies of oxygen and supplements. This diminishes joint torment and facilitates irritation in muscles, ligaments, and tendons. The glow from a warmth pack can likewise expand your scope of movement while reducing muscle fits. In general, it’s a decent method to discover help with discomfort during pregnancy.
According to the American Pregnancy Association, almost every woman has to suffer from some level of back pain during her pregnancy.
An increase in body temperature can create risks for the unborn baby. Sometimes it can cause miscarriage too.
But using heating pads can be a temporary relief for pregnant women sometimes if they are dealing with back pain or pelvic pain.
Pregnant women can use some electric or microwavable device. But they must follow some guidelines.
- Don’t apply heating pads directly to the body.
- It is highly recommended by physicians not to use heat for more than 20 minutes.
- Use the lowest temperature on heat settings.
- Avoid falling asleep while using.
- Must consult a doctor.
- Avoid using the abdomen.
FAQ and answer
Any tips for using?
Check the inner cover before using a heating pad, although you can rely on our recommendations.If you find any irreparable deterioration in the inner part, throw it away and order for a new one. Always use a cover. 110-120-volt AC circuit is highly recommended in using an electric heating pad. Always remember to unplug when you do not use it.
What is the maximum temperature of a heating pad?
This is a tough question to answer because the temperature varies from brands to brands. By the way, in our research, we found that the best heating pad brands have Low: 110°F Medium: 138°F High: 160°F. A good feature of the best device is they never exceed 176°F.
What is the average timing to heat up?
From our research, we found that it takes 7 to 10 minutes to heat up on an average.
How long should I apply the heat in the body for single-use?
You should use it for not more than 25 minutes. Try to adjust the temperature as comfortable as possible.
What is the average lifetime of a heating pad?
It depends on the care you give. We meet so many users who are using their pad for more than five years. So, make sure you are using the best product and take care of it regularly.
Do heating pad release any radiation?
The electric pad produces a small-scale of electromagnetic radiation.It is quite safe to use a heating pad because this tiny amount of radiation is 100% safe for our body.
What if I sleep on it?
No, you shouldn’t do that. I already write about it. Always try to take a break after using 20 to 25 minutes.
Will a heating pad cause headaches or problems like that?
Well, let me clear something first. There are two types of pad; electric and gas-operated. From them Gas heating pad is not maintained properly may cause a headache. So, you should avoid Gas operated pad. Before every single use, you need to check everything about the heating pad. Reading the manuals properly can help you using the pad properly.
Real customer’s review:
You can read the article on Overview and buying guides for Best Massage Table 2020