The group of three muscles that runs along the back to your thigh from the hip to just below the knee refers to ” hamstring”.They are the strong bands of tissue lies back to your thigh. In case of a sportsperson or a weekend warrior or who likes to run fast, jump high and doing heavy exercises with equipment their hamstring is at risk.
Around 80-85 percent of students found tight hamstrings in recent studies due to prolonged sitting. Hamstring exercise can be a great solution for you. The best part of this exercise is that You don’t need even single equipment to do grab most effective exercise.
For most of us, we don’t even have any idea about the right way to do hamstring exercises without equipment and a wrong attempt may cause serious injury to your hamstring.
Before jumping to the super exciting hamstring exercises, first, let me break down some pros and cons of those exercises.
- Will help Improve your Leg Strength.
- It helps to prevent injuries because the hamstrings stabilize the knee joint.
- Produce Flexibility.
- Release your back pain.
- Decreased Risk of Sciatica.
- Less risk of ligation.
- Not recommended for unviable tendons.
- needs regular practice to produce leg strength.
- Faulty technique may cause injury to your hamstring.
- a little time-consuming procedure
9 best hamstring exercises without equipment
- Lie on your back and your knees must be bent,
- feet on the floor and keep 12 to 16 inches from your butt.
- Then your arm must keep on your side and your palm should place down.
- Form a straight line between your knees, hips, and shoulders by lifting your hips from the group.
- Keep squeezing those glutes and your abs keep down to prevent overextension of your back during exercise.
- For a few seconds, you have to hold your bridged position and slowly back down.
- Avoid pushing from your heels.otherwise the power will come from the hips to anywhere.
- Minimum 2 to 3 times in a week you must try this procedure.
Single-Leg Glute Bridge
- Lie on your back with your arms out to the side
- knees must be bent, and feet keep flat on the floor,hip-width apart to feel comfortable.
- Hands place on the side and keep flat on the floor for stability.
- Bend your one leg and another leg lift towards the ceiling.
- Lift your pelvic up by pushing your heel.
- A stiff Bridge position must be kept for a while.
- Then lower your body slowly to the floor.and repeat it for 15 reps on each side.
Dumbbell Donkey Kick
- First stacked your hand under the shoulders and knees must keep under the hips.
- Keep your back flat and tuck your chin slightly to ensure that your back of the neck faces towards the ceiling.
- Engage your lower abdomen without rounding your spine.
- Your right knee Place 90-degree bend and slowly lift your left leg straight back Towards the ceiling.
- Back to the starting position and repeat it for one side then alter to the other leg as same as away.
- At first, sit on your mat and place your leg out just in front of you.
- Place on your hand ground and keep your palm down and place it behind your hip.
- Then push up by your palm and lift your body upward.
- Form a straight line between your head, hips, and toe.
- Brace your abs and keep your arms and leg straight.
- You could take support with your forearms if you are not able to hold the position for 30 seconds.
- About 20-25 bridges you will yearn for regular exercise.
Reverse Plank With Toe Tap
- Place your forearms and toes on the floor and make sure that your stomach faces the floor.
- Straight your elbow and make a line with your shoulders that will provide you maximum stability.
- Form a straight line between your head, neck, hips, and heels.
- Form an alignment of your body and keep this entire time of your exercise.
- Extend your leg. Lift and move your one feet approximately 10-12 inches outside of your body.
- At the same time place your toe on the floor for a while and return to the beginning position.
- Repeat the step with another foot and leg.
- About 20 times you must do it.
Glute Bridge March
- Lay flat on your back and bend your knees and keep your arms in low along with hips.
- Now, make your feet distance apart with your heels. Keep it away from your butt.
- At the time of squeezing, your glutes lift your hips up.
- Make a straight line in between your shoulders, your hips, and your knees.
- Form 90 degree bend of your left knee. Lift your foot from the floor.
- Flex your left foot and push your right foot to maintain balance.
- Don’t drop your hips during this time.
- Return your left foot and repeat as same as with your right leg.
- Around 15-20 reps you must apply at a time.
Glute Bridge Tiptoe Walk
- Lie on the floor and make sure that you are facing upward.
- Now, you have to blend your knees… flat your feet straight to the ground.
- Keep your arms side of you and palms keep down.
- Lift your hip from the ground. make a straight line between your knees, hips, and shoulders.
- You have to keep your abs drawn then squeeze your glutes.
- Away from overextension of your back during exercise.
- Holding the position for a few moments.
- Never push by your heels.
- Do ten bridges and continue it two to three times a week.
- Sit on the floor and your feet, hip, and knee keep distance apart.
- Keep your arms back of your body and face your fingers towards the hip.
- Lift your hips from the floor and keep your abs drawn.
- Movie your left hand followed by your right foot and start walking, then step up your right hand followed by your left foot.
- Four or more steps you can give at a time. then walk back to the same way.
- Keep doing it for a few minutes.
- Do not move too fast of your upper body because that may cause injury to your shoulders.
Kick Back With Resistance Band
- At first, position yourself on the ground.
- Take a resistance band… slowly place it around your thigh.
- Hold the residence band with both hands.
- Hook the band with your right foot. and keep pushing until if fixed with the foot.
- Maintain a flat back when you kick with your right leg back and up.
- Turn back your leg slowly to your starting position.
- Do not touch your knee to the ground and continue it for a while
hamstring exercises for beginners
Can read the findings of a research by dovepress on Muscle and intensity based hamstring exercise
How can you lose fat from your hamstring?
You can do aerobic exercise.you should burn your overall body fat by aerobic exercise. than strengthen your muscles. Burn your extra calories.do regular exercise to tone your leg muscles that are the most effective way.
What exercises are bad for the knee?
- children are normally sit in this way of“W”., but sometimes it also is seen among the athletes to stretch hip rotators and quadriceps…
- Squats and Lunges with Knees Caving In.
- Lunges with Knee Passing Over Toes.
How could I tone my thigh at home ?
- Squats. The squat is one of the best exercises to tone legs.
- Lunges. Lunges work your thighs, butt, and abs.
- Plank leg lifts. Regular planks target the upper body, core, and hips.
- Single-leg deadlifts.
- Stability ball knee tucks.
- 7. Box jumps.
- Speedskater jumps.
What food made your thigh bigger?
- Nuts. Almonds and cashews
- Lean meat.
- Chia seeds.
- Plain Greek Yogurt.
- Brown rice.