To barspin on a BMX, the rider approaches the jump with their body slightly leaning to the side they intend to spin. As they leave the lip of the jump, they pull up on the handlebars and tuck their knees into their chest. The rider then uses their momentum to spin around the bars before extending their legs and landing.
If you want to learn how to barspin on a BMX bike, there are a few things you need to know first. BMX stands for “Bicycle Motorcross,” and it is a type of racing that began in the 1970s. Today, BMX is a popular sport for both racing and stunts.
The barspin is a stunt where the rider spins the handlebars 360 degrees around the stem. This can be done while the bike is in motion, or while it is stationary.
To do a barspin, first get in the proper start position. For a right-handed person, this would be with your right foot forward and your left foot back. If you are left-handed, start with your left foot forward.
Once you are in position, grab the handlebars with your right hand and put your left hand on the seat. Now, push down on the handlebars with your right hand and pull up on the seat with your left hand. As you do this, the bike will start to spin around.
Keep your body upright and centered over the bike as it spins. When you have made one full rotation, stop the bike by putting your feet down.
Practice this stunt in an open area until you feel comfortable doing it. Once you have mastered the barspin, you can show off your skills to your friends.
How Do You Set Up Your Bike For A Barspin?
To set up your bike for a barspin, you need to have a high handlebar and a low seat.
This can vary depending on what kind of bike you have and what you’re comfortable with, but we’ll go over the basics.
1. First, you’ll want to lower your seat. This will give you more room to rotate and make it easier to get your back foot over the bars.
2. Next, you’ll want to loosen your stem bolts. This will allow you to rotate your bars without the resistance of the stem bolts.
3. Now, you’ll want to grab your bars and rotate them forward. This will give you more room to spin and make it easier to get your back foot over the bars.
4. Finally, you’ll want to tighten your stem bolts back down. This will keep your bars from moving during the spin and make it easier to control your bike.
Now that your bike is set up for a barspin, let’s go over how to do one.
1. First, you’ll want to approach the jump or obstacle you’ll be spinning over.
2. Next, you’ll want to get some speed and pop off the ground.
3. As you’re in the air, you’ll want to grab the bars and start spinning.
4. Once you’ve completed the spin, you’ll want to land and ride away.
That’s all there is to it! With a little practice, you’ll be spinning like a pro in no time.
What Are The Key Points To Hitting A Barspin?
To hit a barspin, the rider must be in the air, with the handlebars at a 45 degree angle to the frame, and then the rider must pull the handlebars up and over the front of the frame.
1. Start in a bunny hop position with your legs extended and your back slightly arched.
2. As you reach the top of the bunny hop, tuck your chin and start to pull up on the handlebars.
3. At the same time, begin to twist your body around so that your front shoulder and handlebars start to come up over your back shoulder.
4. As you come up over the top of the spin, keep your eyes focused on where you want to land and extend your legs to absorb the impact.
Here’s a video that demonstrates how to do a barspin:
While it may take some practice to get the timing and movement down, once you nail it, barspins are a really fun trick to do on a BMX bike. So go out and give it a try!
In conclusion, to barspin on a BMX bike, you need to have good balance and upper body strength. You also need to be able to spin the bike around quickly.
I hope that you understand now. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask them in the comments section.