You may be a regular fitness exerciser and care a lot about your muscle, shoulder, and body fat. You may do different customized exercises for your different body parts like reverse crunch for your belly, dumbbell presses to make your shoulder in shape, deadlifts to build your muscles.
But, what do you do for your glutes? Okay! You may ask, why do you care about your glutes?
Let me explain, your glutes are one of the largest fat banks of your body, exercising with ankle weights, you can make good use of those fats by burning. You can give an attractive and nice-looking shape to your glutes by customized exercises.
You need to sit on a chair all day long. Think about your butts, it bears all the weights of your body. So, why don’t you take any extra care of your glutes? You can do some effective and efficient exercise for your glutes with ankle weights. We will discuss it today, but first, take a look at our top 10 picks of best ankle weight for glutes.
Top 10 Best ankle weight for glutes
There are a bunch of ankle weights for glutes in the market. Finding the quality weights is really troublesome and we did the hard work for you. Let’s have a quick look.
Adjustable Ankle/Wrist Weights
- You will get a handy carry bag for free
- 1.85 pounds in weight
- Super comfortable and durable
- Built-In reflective trim that will keep you safe during outdoor use
- can use for both ankle and wrist
- One year of manufacturer’s warranty
Empower Ankle & Wrist Weights
- Specially designed for women
- 5lb weights in pair of weight (2.5lb in each)
- Easy adjustability from 3lb to 5lb
- Small enough to carry easily
- Filled with iron and sands
- Build with stretchy neoprene that makes it comfortable and durable
Fragraim ankle weights
- Available in six different colors with different weights (from 1lb to 5lb). So, it is suitable for all aged people
- Made with soft and stretchy mercerized cotton that gives you extra comfort during your exercise
- Super adjustable for ankle, wrist, arm, and leg
- 5 sandbags in each that weigh 0.5lbs.
- Easy to adjust weights from 1lb to 5lb
REEHUT Durable Ankle/Wrist Weights
- Available in different colors and weights. From 2lb to 8lbs.
- Made with mercerized cotton that will give you some extra comfort. Moisture absorbing materials used inside
- Easy to put on and takeoff
- 30 days of replacement or money-back guarantee if you
- 2 years of warranty from the manufacture
- Lifetime customer support
Bona Fitness Adjustable Ankle Weights with Reflective Trim
- Available in different colors and weights. From 2lb lb
- Stylish and comfortable. Specially designed for night exercise
- Made with breathable, moisture-absorbing and skin-friendly
- Filled with good quality iron sands
- Fully adjustable
GoFit Adjustable Ankle Weights
- Available in 5lb and 10lb
- Easy to adjust weights and use
- Multiple pockets that can be closed and opened with zipper
- made with heavy-duty nylon canvas that makes the weights surprisingly durable
RitFit Ankle/Wrist Weights
- Available in different weights, from 1lb to 5 lb
- Made with super-soft neoprene materials that makes it comfortable as well as durable
- Fully adjustable and customizable
- Money-back guarantee if you don’t like it
Portzon Ankle/Wrist Weights
- 2.2lbs in pairs. That means 1.1lbs in each
- Made with smooth neoprene materials
- Easily adjustable for any size of legs or wrists
- Its special design of buckle help the ankle weights stay still during running or any
A2ZCARE Ankle Weight
- Available in different colors and weights, from 2lbs to 10lbs
- Made with soft elastic fabrics
- 30 days free return policy if there is any problem with it and 3 months limited warranty
Fragraim pink ankle weights
- Available in different colors and weights, from 2lbs to 10lbs
- Made with super soft and stretchy cotton to give you the ultimate comfort durig exercise
Are ankle weights effective?
Ankle weights are a weighted band that can be tied around your ankles to add some extra weights when you exercise for the lower body. This can be considered a dumbbell for the lower body. So, surely it will make your glutes in shape.
Ankle weights can be very effective for your glute or buttock workouts when you use them properly. If you don’t use ankle weight for your glute or buttock exercise, you are certainly missing the full potential of your training.
Ankle weights are an economical and portable way to add effectiveness to your glute workout. You probably know if you are trying to increase muscle size and give them a shape, then increasing overload is a must. low-cost ankle weight can do it.
To understand its mechanism, we can compare our leg and heap to lever and fulcrum. Here, the leg is like a lever and pivots from the heap acts as a fulcrum. Adding weight along the leg can significantly add a challenge to not only the stability but also the mobility of muscle groups.
So, it is beneficial to use ankle weights to make an attractive glute.
What do ankle weights do?
A perfect pair of ankle weights can help you in many aspects. There are various benefits that you can get by using ankle weight. Here are some top benefits of using ankle weights:
- Burn more calories: Adding some weight on your leg can make the same exercise more complicated and you need more effort to do the exercise. So, this means you can burn more calories by doing the same exercise and using the same time. According to research, running and exercising with ankle weights can help you to burn extra calories. Thus it helps to reduce extra fat.
- Tones Your Legs: If you already lift your legs without any pressure and get a good result, imagine what your legs would look like by adding weights. In the case of toning your legs, adding weight resistance helps you a lot. You should increase the weight resistance according to your fitness to get a better result.
- Better Endurance: Training with extra weight helps you to get better endurance. This happens because the extra weight causes higher energy expenditure while running or exercising. As a result, respiration and heart rate increase and motivates you to have a tougher exercise routine.
- Improve Abdominal Workouts: Ankle weights also work on your abdominal muscle. Leg raises with extra resistance on your leg affect your abs. You can also perform various knee-to-chest exercises, cycling that works on your abs.
- Help in Water Workouts: You can use ankle weights while swimming. It is not very common but many athletes do it. This can actually strengthen your knee and ankle joints.
How fast can you build glutes?
Actually, there is no straight answer to the question. Building glutes or other body parts depends on various factors such as workout, diet, sleep schedule, etc. Genetics also plays a vital role in this regard.
If you work out properly, take adequate-protein, and have a proper nutrition plan, you may start noticing differences at the end of the first week. But it may take some time to make noticeable changes.
So, be patient with your journey and don’t get frustrated. In most cases, it takes two or three months to make a remarkable difference.
How heavy should the ankle weight be for glutes?
It is tricky to determine the correct weight of the ankle weight for the glute exercise. You should buy an adjustable ankle weight with a light range such as 3-5 lbs.
Start with very lightweight and increase it steadily. You should not take more weight that seems difficult to you.
If you find loads too heavy, you may attach the load higher up your leg. This makes the load tolerable.
Do ankle weights make your bum bigger?
Yes. Using ankle weight properly can make your bum bigger. Exercise and walking around with ankle weights can make the legs and glute muscles stressed. As a result, they build themselves up, which makes your butt muscle bigger.
You can do various exercises which help to build your butt muscle with the ankle weight to get a better and quick result. But you should be careful about weight because it is tough on your joints.
What do you eat to get a bigger buttock fast?
Taking more carbohydrates can be bad for your health but in the case of getting a bigger buttock, the carb is a crucial element. If you want to increase the size of your glute, you must increase the carb intake as carb helps to create mass.
Besides carb, you should also take a well-balanced diet including healthy fats like salmon, avocado, peanut butter, and green vegetables too.
You can also drink protein shakes after a workout because after a workout your meal goes directly to your booty instead of feeding your whole body. Muscle growth largely depends on the calories and the protein you take.