Once I asked a professional health guide, “what is your most favorite gym exercise?” He simply answered me “it’s a rowing man”
If you, too, are a rowing lover just like him but have just $200 or even low to purchase a home rowing machine or for your gymnasium, then you are at the right place. Here we will show you some best rowing machine under 200.
Usually, the price of rowing machines is much higher than most other gym equipment. There are some extra features that you don’t need for core exercises like virtual connection, internal memory, water resistance, LCD display, and lots of other features like that. So, if you are just looking for exercises sacrificing these extra features, you can save a huge amount.
Recommended 5 best rowing machine under 200
Our expert team members have spent almost 18 hours to find these best rowing machine under 200. You know, finding quality rowing machines under 200 is challenging. But, we assure you, we didn’t compromise with quality. Without further waste of time, let’s jump to the main article.
Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowing machine
Feature and details:
Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rower is designed in a way that will provide you with maximum short-term results as well as show you the long-term goals so that you could easily get a noticeable result. It is a unique and effective home rowing machine that allows for a full-body beneficial workout for your back, legs, arms, abs, ankle, and glutes. Also, simulate the actual feel of water rowing.
The debilitating person who has cardiovascular disease or persons having knees or leg surgery needs regular exercise or persons need calories burned for health purposes. For them, Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 can be a great tool for home rowing exercise.
- It has a smooth ball-bearing roller system that provides you extra support as well as stability
- Also, have a very comfortable molded seat.
- Textured footplates with straps to keep your feet secure.
- Also includes an LCD display that helps you to monitor
- Workout time
- Stroke count
- Calories burned
- Total stroke accumulation
- Foam padded hand grips
- Foldable arms for compact storage.
- Sturdy, steel frame construction.
We recommend you to use a heart rate sensors or fitness trackers to measure the calories burned.
So when you have limited space but you have large motivation to do a full body workout you can buy a Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rowerthat only takes 23.5-inch width (easy storage) and 46 inches long. You may already understand the reason for listing it in our top 5 best rowing machine under 200.
The Stamina Body Trac Glider 1050 Rower lasts more to light-medium users than heavy and intended users. With regular maintenance and proper use, it can last for more than 10 years.
- Small and compact
- Easy to assemble
- Great indoor or homw rowing machine for beginners
- Adjustable tension controls
- Natural rowing action, simulating the use of roars.
- Sturdy construction, well-built frame for a low capacity rower.
- Foldable design.
- Lightweight, easy to transport.
- Wide gliding rail, enhancing seat stability.
- You can adjust the levels of magnetic resistance
- Pivoting footrests, with straps.
- Fitness meter included
- Quiet machine
- Feet may slip out so required extra attention.
- Weight limit of the only 250lbs
- Having limitations for a taller person more than 6.2″
- The seat is not cushioned, so some find it too hard during prolonged use.
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1205
If you try to achieve a unique fitness goal, SF-RW1205 is a high-quality fitness product that assures you maximum efficiency while you workout. This magnetic rowing machine provides all the benefits and makes your home rowing comfortable and effective.
Having a smooth glide seat with 12 levels of magnetic resistance paddle provides smooth rowing. It also has a commercial-grade steel frame and it’s simple design makes you comfortable. High-tech steel frame helps it to last for a longer period of time and it doesn’t produce noise while using it as it has strongly locked wides.
Also having a folding system, you easily can keep it anywhere and only take 4.5 feet of height and 2.0’×2.0′ square of your floor space.
- Have a solid steel frame with hydraulic cylinder resistance and 12 adjustable resistance levels that make it cost less and weightless.
- Also includes LCD workout monitor
- Multiple muscle groups like arms, back, abs, glutes, legs, etc target simultaneously
- Its ergonomically padded seat with cushioned non-slip grip handlebars offers comfort and support and also helps you for long time use without back pain.
- Also includes adjustable foot straps and fully padded ergonomically designed seat.
- User weight limit: 100 KG (220 LB)
People with cardiovascular disease, as well as any legs and knee surgery or the person trying to burn extra calories, can blindly trust this magnetic rowing machine. Its unique design of pivoting foot paddles and foot traps help control balance for the beginners or the person having tight muscles.
- 12-levels of adjustable resistance or having multiple resistance levels.
- Smooth, quiet, and sturdy
- Compact storage to fit into most closets.
- Lightweight easy to move if required.
- The comfortable seat even during long workouts.
- Easy to assemble.
- Partial foldability.
- Extremely affordable.
- Simple monitor
- May be small for tall users
- the pulling bar has a fixed length so sometimes it may be difficult for taller persons to row in all the way.
Stamina 35-0123 Inmotion Rower, Silver
Feature and details:
Performing an indoor rowing workout doesn’t mean that you have to spend a lot. That’s why we came to introduce you to the Stamina Rowing machine, the most simple, convenient and budget-friendly solution for your cardio and total body to keep fit and improve the strength that you wanted to.
This air rower is the most affordable machine, having a silver frame so it lasts for a longer period of time as well as looks good, so you don’t need to have any dedicated workout area.
The sturdy steel construction that helps it withstand your machine for years after years. The weight carrying capacity is 250 lbs.
- Having a solid Steel Construction that helps to last for years
- Five levels of magnetic resistance
- Comfortable stitched seats prevent back in during rowing.
- A small footprint and comfortable seat make this rower a perfect addition to indoor rowing
- Pivoting footplates with adjustable closure.
- Having touch fitness monitor tracks helps to monitor your
- easy to store solid steel construction.
- no-impact movement fitness monitor tracks strokes.
- air resistance at a low price
- The heavy steel frame that makes it stronger.
- Having greater magnetic resistance capacity.
- Have a good quality monitor that may fulfill basic requirements.
- It can easily fold up in seconds for an easy storage
- Wheels make it easy to move around when needed
- Comfortable upholstered seat
- Low-impact workouts
- Easy-to-use equipment
- Supplement to HIIT workouts
- Ideal for any size person to use since it can be adjusted.
- No option to adjust damper (to adjust the feel of each row)
- Monitor units not in metric
- A little noisier than higher-end air-rowing machines
Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1410
Feature and details:
If you looking for a standard home fitness device for your indoor rowing as well as a budget-friendly rowing machines, you can choose sunny Health and fitness SF-RW1410 rowing machine that offers all the necessities for you along with cardiovascular workout as well as any kind of home fitness enthusiasts that you could wish to do. You can do full body workout on your own easily and conveniently.
The Sunny Health & Fitness SF-RW1410 rowing machine will provide you effectiveness and efficiency for all-encompassing workouts that target all the major muscle groups of your body.
- Having 12 adjustable tension levels with full motion arms.
- A nonslippery grip handle will help you to perform a full range of movement.
- Having a touch monitor for fitness tracks helps to monitor your monitor heart rate, calories burned, timer, etc.
- Fully thick-padded seat.
- Non-slip grip handlebars
- Large anti-slip pedals.
- Having full-Motion Arms that targets all major muscle groups such as the legs, arms, back, abs, glutes, and more.
- It’s sleek, solid steel frame provides you optimal support and comfort that you desire.
- Max weight capacity of 220 LBS.
- It provides a compound low impact aerobic exercise.
- Free-motion arms
- 12 levels of adjustable air resistance
- Comfortable rowing stroke
- Durable & Noiseless
- The equipment can be easily disassembled.
- Full Motion Arms allows full range movement.
- Large anti-slip pedals.
- Air Resistance may not be easy for some users.
- No storage capabilities.
- The piston heats up rather quickly.
Stamina 1205 Precision Rower
Stamina 1205 Precision Rowing machine is one of the best home rowing machines around the world for your cardiovascular fitness and strength.it will help you to get a beautiful body shape that you require.it works all the major groups of muscle in both the upper and lower parts of the body. Also, minimize joint stress with its low impact motion and reduce the risk of injury.
Feature and details:
- Its deluxe a ball-bearing rolling system will help you achieve a smooth rowing motion.
- Hydraulic cylinder action (super smooth) along with adjustable tension controls can give you the ultimate pleasure of rowing
- Building a strong back it’s one of the most effective rowing machinery.
- To increase your metabolism it is one of the most effective low-impact aerobic exercise machinery.
- LCD monitor
- Thick padded seat with pivoting footplates
- Hydraulic cylinders
We always are looking for your maximum comforts, easiness to use, and advanced technology so that you could perform it with reliability. When you do exercise with Stamina 1205 Precision Rowing machine you will become surprised because.
- Easy and comfortable to use
- 5-years warranty on frame
- Could store easily anywhere
- It has different air resistance levels that can be changed easily.
- Pivoting Footplate.
- without any dedicated workout area, you could easily use it.
- It could make little noise after prolonged continuous use.
If you consider increasing your budget a little higher, you can read these recommendations of the best budget rowing machine.
Rowing machine how long to see results
Short Answer: With just 4 days a week of rowing exercise, you can see a dramatic change.
Before describing it, first, you truly need to know something. Rowing is heavy gym equipment and heavy exercise. So, before jump for the heavy exercise, make sure you are fit enough to perform. If your fitness is not that great, we recommend you not to row every day.
So, with a rowing machine how long to see results?
We have made a 14-days experiment on it and got a dramatic change in body weight and shape. But we also made it sure that our participant follows a proper diet plan. The summary of the findings is below.
- 4 days a week of rowing exercise
- Sugar-free food
- Taking high protein foods like butter, eggs, peanuts, etc
How long should you workout on a rowing machine
Short Answer: 30-40 minutes in moderate intensity
But this mostly dependent on your capability and strength.
In the rowing machine (magnetic rower, air rower, or water rowing), there is the level of workout intensity. One is the moderate-intensity and another is vigorous intensity.
If you have knee pain or suffering from any other physio problem, then we recommend you to work out in moderate intensity for 30 to 50 minutes. But don’t forget to take a break every 10 minutes of exercise.
On the other hand, if you have enough strength you can use your rowing machines in the vigorous mood for 15 to 20 minutes.
P.S. never forget to wear a fitness tracker to measure your heart rate or calories burned.
Can you lose belly fat on a rowing machine?
Short Answer: Yes… you absolutely can lose your belly fat on rowing machines.
Medical experts claim that aerobic exercise or you can say cardio exercise is the best way to burn the extra fat of your belly. In rowing machine (home rowing machine or at gym) you can do aerobic exercise easily and smoothly.
And you can see the result with just one week of regular exercise (4 days a week).
Rowing machine or exercise bike
Both the rowing machines and exercise bikes are super popular for a non-weight-bearing workout as well as high or moderate-intensity workout. But there is a big difference between them that may help you to choose the best for you.
In an exercise bike, you only can have a lower body workout wherein rowing machines you will have a full-body rowing exercise. So, you will need more effort in rowing machines than an exercise bike.
You can read a in depth discussed article on exercise bike from here.
Air rower or magnetic
Magnetic rowing machine comparatively produces lower or almost zero noise and gives you a smooth level of magnetic wherein air resistance machine you may not have that smoothness.
Both the magnetic rower and air rower are good and able to give you a full-body workout in the most effective way. Different people have different opinions or choices considering the noise, smoothness, level of magnetic resistance, or air resistance.
Air rowing machine is powered by a flywheel that generate air resistance. The level of resistance mostly depend on the hardness of your pulling.
On the other hand, the magnetic rowing machine is powered by the magnetic break in the flywheel that gives you magnetic resistance. So, the level of magnetic resistance mostly depends on the strength you use to pull.
water rower or concept 2
Although this not directly related to our article on the best rowing machine under 200, we got several questions during our research. That’s why we are writing about it.
Concept 2 rowing machine is based on a one-way-clutch and a flywheel for producing resistance where the water rowing machine uses water flywheel to produce water resistance.